The Tewksbury Rod & Gun Club has one 16 yard trap field. This field must be used under the supervision of a range officer. Only clay targets may be used, and no hand traps are allowed. Ammunition is restricted to target loads, 3 dram maximum, # 7 1/2 or # 8 shot.
The trap field is open for practice to the public on Monday nights from 5:00 pm until 30 minutes after sunset and Saturdays from 9:00am to 12:00pm. Each round is $3.50, or ask the RO about purchasing an 11 round punch card for $35.
Come down and join us…. This will take place throughout the trap season. (April thru August)
The Tewksbury Rod & Gun Club currently has multiple teams competing in the Greater Lowell Trap League. GLTL matches are held on Tuesday and Wednesday nights starting around 6 pm from April thru August. During matches no non-league shooting is allowed, nor is the use of the outdoor range allowed.
If you are looking to use the field on day that isn’t listed below, please use this link to request an RO.
Trap Field Range Officer Schedule
- Trap RO - Emmet Millett: Oct 23 Saturday: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Trap RO - John Sorota: Oct 30 Saturday: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Trap RO - [NEED SIGNUP]: Nov 13 Saturday: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Trap RO - [NEED SIGNUP]: Nov 20 Saturday: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Trap RO - [NEED SIGNUP]: Nov 27 Saturday: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm