The Tewksbury Rod & Gun Club has one 16 yard trap field. This field must be used under the supervision of a range officer. Only clay targets may be used, and no hand traps are allowed. Ammunition is restricted to target loads, 3 dram maximum, # 7 1/2 or # 8 shot.
The trap field is open for practice to the public on Monday nights from 5:00 pm until 30 minutes after sunset and Saturdays from 9:00am to 12:00pm. Each round is $3.50, or ask the RO about purchasing an 11 round punch card for $35.
Come down and join us…. This will take place throughout the trap season. (April thru August)
The Tewksbury Rod & Gun Club currently has multiple teams competing in the Greater Lowell Trap League. GLTL matches are held on Tuesday and Wednesday nights starting around 6 pm from April thru August. During matches no non-league shooting is allowed, nor is the use of the outdoor range allowed.
If you are looking to use the field on day that isn’t listed below, please use this link to request an RO.
Trap Field Range Officer Schedule
- Trap RO - Mark Tennant: Oct 7 Saturday: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Trap RO - Emmet Millett: Oct 9 Monday: 5:00 pm - 6:44 pm
- Trap RO - Dave Tirabassi: Oct 14 Saturday: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Trap RO - Brian Howell: Oct 16 Monday: 5:00 pm - 6:33 pm
- Trap RO - [NEED SIGNUP]: Oct 21 Saturday: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Trap RO - [NEED SIGNUP]: Oct 28 Saturday: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm